ASM headers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASM headers?

Who here has ASM mid length headers? What kind of performance have u gotten with them? Would you suggest them? How was the install? Thanx

I run the AS&M's on my 800HP nitrous motor. The headers seem to work great. I actually bought them used from George Baxter (world's quickest LT1, 9.04@155). He used them up to about the 850HP level. He dyno tested them against the Hooker LT's and at the 850HP level, the AS&M's made better power (remember - that's in a "race" engine that only operated in the 5,000-7,000rpm range). Only when he went over 900HP with a different cam did he find the Hooker LT's to produce more power.

Mine do have a modified collector on the driver's side to allow the use of a "straight-back" true duals setup, and an EGT bung welded to the #7 tube, but other than that they are just they way they came from AS&M more than 5 years ago, and the HPC coating is still in decent shape.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X