Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did the unthinkable: I sold my Trans Am.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did the unthinkable: I sold my Trans Am.....

Seriously, this is one of the more miserable days of my life. I bought my 1993 Trans Am back in 1997 and have had it since. It was my first "real" auto purchase, and the one that stuck with me most. I took care of that car better than I do myself, and when I wouldn't be driving it over the winter, I'd be in the garage, staring at it. That being said, you can imagine how hard it has been to let it go. It had to be sold however. I'm currently in Sydney, Australia studying dentistry, and the TA would have sat in storage for 4 years. Even on my summer breaks, I would be coming home in December, so no driving it then either. And the cost of school is insane, so I needed to sell it. Luckily, I sold it to my Godfather who I am sure will take care of it as well as I did. He's been bugging me to get rid of it for the last couple years, and I finally caved last night. I'm sure it was the right thing to do, because it wouldn't have been fair to the car to have it sit for that whole time... He has told me that I can drive it whenever I'd like but it won't be the same. For him, it's just going to be a weekend ride.
    Anyway, been a pretty depressing day and just wanted to share
    The one ray of sunshine though is that I do plan to buy another Trans Am one day....one day. When, is another story, but it will happen.

So for now, RIP dear friend....

Cheers,
    Steve
    SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

I'm sure it's a tough day for you, but I think you did the right thing. Getting your education should come first. You cam always buy another one someday. I remember when I sold my 1979 Trans Am that I just completely rebuilt to buy our first house. It was tough, but I choose to do it.
    Good Luck
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Hey man i feel your pain. I was the same way with my 30th, but money ran out and school came first. I was pretty hung up for a while. I still think about it sometimes. I even had a flashback of my accident with her the other day. that i havent done in a long time. Itll be fine, just think with the money youll be makin once you get that degree , youll have no problem either buying it back or gettin something even better. My first car is hopefully gonna be the 68 camaro ive been wanting to build.
      -ken
      ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

I've been there too when I sold my first car (94 T/A) to free up some cash so I could buy a streetbike. Probably the worst decision of my life. Invested 10k in aftermarket and didnt get shit back. The roughest is I see it all the time and the kid doesnt take car of it at all. When I sold it there wasnt even a scratch after a couple weeks that kid had put a huge dent and big ass chip out of the paint. Yo'll get another one in 4 years so just look forword to that.
        R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.
        2002 GSXR 750- PC, -1, tinted windscreen

Comment

Hemoglobin,

You had to do, what you had to do. Right now you need to focus on creating your future versus on figuring out how to revolve your life over a single physical object.

Back in 1996, 2-3 years into college, I really wanted to get a v-6 camaro to replace my 1978 grand LeMans. After discovering this board, and the SLp board then, I ealized so much more was out there. I realized if I got a car then... I'd litterally be revolving all my waking hours to school, and my job to handle the car payments... It was a tough decision for me but 5 years later I got a better car.

Giving up the idea for that car was the best thing I could have done. It allowed me to focus on finishing college, and for me focusing on something can be difficult (too much tv as a kid I guess )

F-bodys will still be around in 5 years.... and also people change over time as well maybe you'd get a used c6 Z06 over an f-body... people's wishes, dreams, and personailities are never stagnate, but ever changing and evolving

Get the college work done
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

It's a tough thing to do, but you made the right decision. With the money you'll be making, you'll be able to buy a perfect example Trans Am from all four generations. Now go get that degree.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks guys, all that support makes me sure I did the right thing. In all honesty, I do appreciate it. I know it was the right thing to do, and I know I can buy one later, it's just that it's hard, you know? Time will pass, and I'll learn to live with it. School is obviously more important, and I do recognize the time I put into it as an investment for my furture. So, ya, I'm happy I did it. Thanks again
              I will say that seeing that article on here about the possibility of the Camaro coming back in a year or so.... hmmmm..... perfect timing once I get out of school..... Could be looking at buying a Camaro after all!

Cheers,
              Steve
              SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

Comment

Sorry to hear about it. I couldn't believe I had to sell my 95 Formula because of insurance reasons. However, 3-4 years down the road i got a better job and now have the 99 WS6. I'm sure that won't be your last F-Body.
                99 Black WS6
                99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
                94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                X