4L60e Upgrade time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60e Upgrade time

Well my 12.1447 Nitrous launches took their toll on the stock tranny and it's shifting funny from 1st to 2nd (Waits till 3500RPM.)

So it's time to pull the biartch and throw some money at it.

I'm planning on spending about 1k in parts. I have a guy in San Antonio that will rebuild it for me.

I already have a Vigilante 3200 in it, and a tranny cooler, and temp guage so I should be covered there. I drained the fluid and there were some small metal shavings (very minor, like 5 or 6) no longer than 1/4th inch and a little thicker than a hair. I was wondering what items y'all would reccomend I request upgraded/changed. I'm sure he has a list of things that should be done but I'd like to know some other people's advice so I walk into this with open eyes and armed with information.

He insists that he can get any parts I want for 10% off list price.

I'm buying a tork arm relocation before the tranny goes back in.

I'm currently at 413/414 RWHP/TQ (on spray) and my long term plans are to have 400 to 450HP NA and be able to launch with a 100 to 150 shot out of the hole.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Who are you having do your rebuild in SA?

Comment

John Trevino
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Comment

Working...
      X