Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SES Code: Could this be the ICM and coil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Code: Could this be the ICM and coil?

I am getting a random sylinder missfire code. I have new plugs, wires and opti, so that makes me think it is the ignition control module and coil. What do you guys think? It is the original and the car has 110,000 on the ticker.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Even though its a "random misfire" code, they should be able to scan the actual knock counts by cylinder. That would show if its really random, or two adjacent cylinders or a whole bank of cylinders, etc.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Cool, thanks injuneer
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Working...
      X