NFB 122 MPH in 3 seconds.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB 122 MPH in 3 seconds.....

Just rode Top Thrill Dragster yesterday at Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio.
    For those that dont know its a roller coaster that does 120MPH in 3 seconds and launches you 400 feet into the sky. The launch engine is 15,000 HP of hydraulics.
    http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/ins.../ttd/index.cfm
    After getting strapped into the train it moves to a staging area, the christmas tree flashes yellow then green:
    OMG The train accelarates to 120+ in three seconds. Your face feels like it is going to come off. The amount of thrust and pressure on your body is insane, kind of like getting hit by a raging bull.
    It climbs into the sky and your body goes weightless. You then dive straight down back to earth at over 100MPH.
    The experience is unbelievable, even my wife loved it.
    Everyone who reads this must go to Cedar Point and experience this. I think its safe to say that this is the highest accelaration that any of us will ever feel in our lives in a land based vehicle unless you race a funny car or real top fuel dragster.
    Now if someone can elighten me how to get my 1995 Z28 to hit 120 MPH in three seconds.
    Damn what a rush.
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

I rode it when it was less than two weeks old...They had it closed but running trials alll day and finally opened it at noon. I stood in line for 3 hours (by myself because of my friends wanted to wait) but it was well worth it...Definately a rush...3 hour wait...15 seconds of fun
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Now imagine for a moment that a top fuel dragster makes that feel slow.

Comment

Yeah, Schumaker went 337 MPH in 4.44 seconds. But, if I had to choose between top fuel and a roller coaster, I'd take top fuel with no gear and no roll cage cause at least you're on the ground. Me no go vertical, unless I have a parachute
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I guess its like thinking you have a fast car...... there's always somebody faster (and taller):

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greata.../KingdaKa.html
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hershey Park has one that goes to 72 in 2 seconds. Pretty nice for a small park like ours.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

TF Dragster 0-100 MPH .8 secs & 5 G's Now THATS a ride!!!
              1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.

Comment

When I took the family to Cedar Point 2 summers ago, TF Dragster was down the entire time we were there. I was perfectly happy with their Millenium Force coaster though. 312' high and no restraints above the waist. That was a great ride, IMO.

Comment

When we were up there a few days ago mellinium force was broke, maybe next year. Magnum was pretty good at 200 feet and 70 MPH.
                  1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
                  Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
                  Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Working...
                  X