Man, do I hate arrogant and careless drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, do I hate arrogant and careless drivers

I'm taking my son to school just like every other day, traveling along a rural highway. Nobody behind me, maybe a 100 yard gap to the car in front of me and cruising along at 60. This freaking moron in a pickup towing a small trailer decides to pull out from a side street directly in front of me. I slow down but realize it's a passing zone so I simply pass. I get two miles up the road and have to stop for a traffic light at another highway intersection, this jerk pulls into the gas station next to me and gives me the finger. wtf? Some ignorant old hayseed pulls out in front of me when there is clearly no vehicle behind me for as far as the eye can see, I have to hit my brakes fairly hard so I just drive around him and I get the finger? Years ago, people like that would get an "attitude adjustment". Just once I would like to see someone like that get pounded for giving the finger to the wrong person.

I hear ya, Joe. At least most southern drivers are FAR more courteous than up here. I get someone like that at least once a week. Everyone is in such a hurry, and according to them, they're the only one who is.

Just last week I had some woman pull out of a side road behind me, then proceeded to try and pass me, and the car in front of me. She realized the straightaway wasn't long enough, so she attempted to cut between me and the other car. She layed on the horn and gave me the finger because I wouldn't let her in. That's one thing I love about driving the Bravada.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      I'm taking my son to school just like every other day, traveling along a rural highway. Nobody behind me, maybe a 100 yard gap to the car in front of me and cruising along at 60. This freaking moron in a pickup towing a small trailer decides to pull out from a side street directly in front of me. I slow down but realize it's a passing zone so I simply pass. I get two miles up the road and have to stop for a traffic light at another highway intersection, this jerk pulls into the gas station next to me and gives me the finger. wtf? Some ignorant old hayseed pulls out in front of me when there is clearly no vehicle behind me for as far as the eye can see, I have to hit my brakes fairly hard so I just drive around him and I get the finger? Years ago, people like that would get an "attitude adjustment". Just once I would like to see someone like that get pounded for giving the finger to the wrong person.
      shoulda been riding with me about 4 years ago..............

you could have witnessed it............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

it's only going to get worse as roads get more crowded and we've got no more space to build roads... The problem is the population is getting too large for the roads to carry the capacity .... more people means more idiots that could win darwin awards I am afraid

Imagine how bad it will be in 50 years when we're like 80... frggin even the sticks will be crowded
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
          even the sticks will be crowded
          It's getting that way now.

The part about this that I can't figure out....... It was very clear that there was not a soul behind be as far as the eye could see, yet the moron decides to pull out in front of a vehicle moving at highway speed. What an idiot.

Comment

How dare you drive on his personal road ...His Personal Road ...The nerve of ya . To make matters worse you interupted him and you actually made him think about driving and actually made him work...

I swear it sounds like the guy felt he owned the road and everyone should be subordinate to his every whim, get out of his way at his very thought. I swear the problem, is a combination of too crowded roads, along with complacent-yet overworked law enforcement, allowing driver like that jerk to develop the bad habits.

Welcome to the age where common courtesy and proper driving educate is considerd a weakness.
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

You are at fault. Didn't you know he was in a hurry? Never got the memo?
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Actually, being the ignorant farm boy that he is he was not in a hurry. But he drives like it is just another part of life. The problem with those guys is that they do not concentrate on driving. He prolly didn't even look to see if you were there. My cousin drives like this and he scares me to death. He always says to me, " you drive too fast so what makes you any better?" I tell him, " so what if I drive fast, then I dont have to be around idiots like you who dont pay attention." See we can be considered professional drivers cuz we prolly drive fast but, I would put money that we are more alert than any others on the road. IMO, being aggresive puts me in position to expect the worse.

Sorry about the rambling. You shoulda pounded him Joe, unless it was my cousin in a black silverado.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Well Joe you were clearly in the wrong! When you saw that guys vehicle you should have stopped and let him in........he was merely telling you that he was number one when he gave you the finger! I am surprised you didn't know this..sheeesh!
                  2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Working...
                  X