help replacing injectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help replacing injectors

Hi, what all do I need to take off to replace my injectors? I have a V6. Do I take the coil packs off to get to the rear one drivers side? I assume I have to take my sender off for the f/p gauge, but what wlse passenger side? ANy help is appriciated. I have a new PCM and # 36 injectors on me. THe car is cooling down now, so I hope to get this done today. Do I take the whole rail off? I cant see behind the intake manifold. Is there a bolt back there too? I have only seen 4. Thanks all

Hey, good to have ya back .

Should just be the 4 bolts that hold the rails down. You'll need to disconnect the fuel lines with a quick-disconnect tool. Now, here's what my Chilton's says...

Disconnect injector coil wires
    Disconnect the FPR vacuum line
    Disconnect MAP wiring harness
    Disconnect vacuum line to vacuum switch from the fuel pipe bundle
    Disconnect injector electrical connectors
    Unfasten the fuel injector harness fasteners
    Remove fuel rail bolts
    Remove the front fuel injector retaining clips on each side of the rail
    Remove the front fuel injector on each side for clearance

Hope that makes sense and helps you lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yes it did! Got it done. I lost two clips and I dont know where they went. I'll go to the dealer and pick some up. Now I have two FMU's collecting dust. About ready for a yard sale with leftover mod parts. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
        Yes it did! Got it done. I lost two clips and I dont know where they went. I'll go to the dealer and pick some up. Now I have two FMU's collecting dust. About ready for a yard sale with leftover mod parts. Thanks!
        lol I feel that way with all the leftover stock parts off the Z and the Jeep . Glad I can help
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
        X