Dixie Horn????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixie Horn????

Do any of you guys have a Dixie Horn (general lee horn) in your 4th gen Camaro? If you do or know anyone who does, can' you give me an idea of where you bolted it and how to hook it up? Not finding much room under the hood for that horn, I thought about between the fender and body on the passangers side. HELP!

Umm, don't think you're gonna get too many replies on this one. There's only 2 cars you put a dixie horn on, one is a orange 1969 Dodge Charger with 01 on the door and a rebel flag on top, the other is a 3rd gen IROC jacked up in the back with a hole in the hood for the butterfly air cleaner to stick through, glass packs, side pipes, deep dish Centerline bullethole rims that are wider than the fenderwells, and you have to have a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet and the corresponding "Achy Breaky Heart" tape in the player on repeat while wearing Ray Ban's, even at night

In other words, don't do it.

If you insist, you ain't getting it under the hood. You can pull the front nose and mount it in there, or you can mount it above the rear axle in the back of the car. You ain't getting all those horns under the hood of a 4th gen V8 car.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
      Umm, don't think you're gonna get too many replies on this one. There's only 2 cars you put a dixie horn on, one is a orange 1969 Dodge Charger with 01 on the door and a rebel flag on top, the other is a 3rd gen IROC jacked up in the back with a hole in the hood for the butterfly air cleaner to stick through, glass packs, side pipes, deep dish Centerline bullethole rims that are wider than the fenderwells, and you have to have a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet and the corresponding "Achy Breaky Heart" tape in the player on repeat while wearing Ray Ban's, even at night

In other words, don't do it.

If you insist, you ain't getting it under the hood. You can pull the front nose and mount it in there, or you can mount it above the rear axle in the back of the car. You ain't getting all those horns under the hood of a 4th gen V8 car.
      LMAO! I got a great visual of that 3rd gen you described so well!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Hhahahahaha

Very funny.

I think I'll make that my next project.....lol
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

There is a guy named joey Red on the Chirpthird board that a few years had his friend make a custom clear plexi-glass case designed to sit in teh passenger foot well. It plugged into the cigarette lighter and played the theme to the godfather when he pressed a button on it He even got into the act and had a suit on, dented baseball bat, and a mustang emblem wrapped in a white towel .. ifa yous catcha my drift. (he drove around ricers at a car chow, played the horn, and swung the bat, to intimidate the ricers. A true comedian

If you are dedicated to do the horn, maybe you can do this type of portable horn box thing

Here is a picture of him. Look in the lower right corner of the picture.

Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Thanks for the jokes and suggestions, I'm not sure what i'm going to do as of yet. Will let you guys know when I figure it out! Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X