Which to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to buy?

Help me out guys. I'm in the market for a good used Trans Am/Firebird Formula. I've always wanted one, but it was never the right time to buy.

I'm thinking about a 98 and up Trans Am or Formula. Wasn't 98 the year the front end changed? Any particular year that is better than another? When did they change engines?

Any help you can give me is appreciated.

98 and up are available with the LS1 V8

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

yes, thats when the front end changed too, with the big bad A** ram air scoops.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Looking for a special car you say???

I just found mine at www.autotrader.com

I did a nationwide search on 94-97 V8 Manual trans Convertible Camaros with less than 60K.

I found 3. 2 were white and one was grey-green. I don't like white so the grey-green one is sitting in my garage now. $550 for shipping from Texas to Wisconsin... not to bad. The car was a good deal to at $7,500. Give it a shot.

Comment

Nice one here for a good price

autotrader

Comment

Do you guys know of any areas of the car that I should pay particular attention to when inspecting a used car?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

i live kansas city, winter we use alotta salt on our roads for snow and ice. keep that inmind..i have some rust in some places...

Comment

another one its in KC

Autotrader

Comment

I have an 89 GTA, I live in Ontario Canada so winters here are prutal. My car has been through 13 owners and one of em at least has driven it in winter at least once. When i bought the car i noticed some rust in the quarter panel behind the back wheel on both sides. All along that lip that goes round the wheel is the worse for our cars. The rest of the car is rust free. About newer F-Bodies, i'm not sure but it's probably the same for rust.

Comment

Working...
                  X