Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons

Hey guys ..

What goes into determining what type of piston to get? I have a 305 motor that will be bored .040 over, 5.7 rods and will have a custom ground cam. The specs call for Aluminum pistons (Cast or Forged) Flat top max but dished/dome are allowed and they must have 3 rings above the pin.

thanks for your help...

Jorge
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Bore, rod length, stroke, valve relief, compression, power level, max rpm, NA/Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous, cost.

Comment

Bore 3.74 - 3.78
      rod Lenth 5.7
      Stroke 3.475-3.480
      Compression 10.30

You lost me on valve relieft but they are allowed to be a 4 angle valves

NA motor....

I hope I gave you enough to help me out.. still kind of learning these finer points....

thanks
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF

Comment

oh and I believe the goal is about 400 hp and of course the heads will be done

Comment

Working...
        X