Issues with Cold Air Intake Stage 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Cold Air Intake Stage 2

Okie, the other day I ordered a Stage 2 Cold Air Intake which goes after the stock intake tube inside the Camaro 94 V6 3.4L Compartment.

The Package came with 3 parts. The Tube going from the Stock Intake inside the camaro, the shorter tube that goes connected to a filter.

I moved the filter through a short crevice under the car, and placed it inside a small rubber compartment, then I connected the shorter tube to it. Then I connected the longer tube to the shorter tube, finally connecting the longer tube to the stock intake.

At first it was fine, I noticed a nice average increase on the torque, and increased in pick up. I soon started to notice a strange smell, but I said it was nothing.

Today, I went to go buy bread, and the smell was strong. It smells like gas fumes are being projected out. I don't even know whats the cause of it, and also I've notice a slight increase in the heat of the vehicle. It's passing 3/4th of the line. Has anyone ever have this happen to them when installing an intake? please let me know thanks.

93 94 95 Camaro Firebird 3.4L V6 Cold Air Intake Stage2
    from Chrome Intakes
    1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Maybe you accidently messed with somthing else while you were installing the intake. Because just installing somthing like that should not cause the engine heat to rise.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

I hope not, I am pretty sure I didn't touch anything else. I tightned everything pretty good. So I'm not sure if this has happen to anyone before, or if there is a possible solution.
      1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

I have drawn a small picture describing my setup. The Filter is in the small rubber compartment, its being held up the shorter tube, and then the shorter tube connected to the larger tube-connected to the stock intake.
        Attached Files
        1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

I have the 3.4l v6... ive recently put a k&n cone filter on it... I discarded the original air box and plastic hose.. I connected the cone straight to the flexible rubber hose.. also ive changed the manifold to decent headers etc... Engine temp whilst driving is exactly the same, although temp rises much quicker in traffic ( but that is due to the headers and removal of the heat shields!) The only thing I have noticed from fitment of the cone is sometimes on a cold day (england!) if it dont start straight away you get a nice backfire! BOOM! nice for the neighbours when im on early shift!
          Only thing I can think of to help you is some engine computers have to go through a learning process, this means leaving battery disconnected for a while, reconnect, start car up and leave to idle for 10 - 15mins, then drive, if you drive straight away it discards the new perameters and goes to a fail safe program... Well this worked for bmw, nissan and vaxhaul, I dont know if it works on Chevys etc! Good luck, worth a try..
          Screaming Mad
          Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
          Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
          0-60 7.74
          1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

I've notice that the filter is wet and dirty with black goo over it, not extremely, but you can see it when looking in. I've just installed it 2 days ago, is this normal? I'll probably just have to send a picture of it, for a better view of the inside, I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the help
            1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

Working...
            X