Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF Goodrich Tires: Which one is the best, personal impressions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF Goodrich Tires: Which one is the best, personal impressions?

My Bridgestone Potenzas have seen their best days on the roads. Dry/wet traction 7, Noise 5, Handling 8, Tread Wear 8, Nice edge wheel protection.
    My OEM wheels needs new ones.
    *gForce Sports: 255/50/ZR16: Handling 9, Noise 8, Wet 7, Tread 7
    *gForce KDW: 245/50/ZR16................... 10,....... 7, 10 7

Thanks for your imput
    Dochidalgo
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Originally posted by dochidalgo
    My Bridgestone Potenzas have seen their best days on the roads. Dry/wet traction 7, Noise 5, Handling 8, Tread Wear 8, Nice edge wheel protection.

Thanks for your imput
    Dochidalgo
    Definitely go with the KDW. I love 'em and I'll be replacing my current set with another set of KDW tires. The Sports are good, but not as aggressive I don't think.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

KDW is on the Formula....great all around tire
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

I've got KDWs now. I've been happy with the performance and the wear. But I have to say I'm going with the Coppers next time because BFG is owned by Michelin a French company. Cooper is made in America. Have to support the home team you know.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thanks guys !!
          Agreed, Jeff, very good reason to buy american products in first place.

Take care
          Dochidalgo

Comment

kdw's.

doc, if you dont get much rain down there, which i dont think you do, the kd's will give your better dry traction than the kdw.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I had KDWS (Yeah, the all wetehr version) and when the tread was done, it went in nothign flat. I've found out from other owners that the KD and KDW do the same thing.

This round I went with Eagle F1 GS-D3's on the 00. So far they hook like a mother and seem to totally outperform the KDWS's I had, and the stock tires too.

Slapped Fuzion ZRi's on the 01 and I must say I think they work as well as the KDWS tires, yet they were only $450ish for all four!
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Ouija
                I had KDWS (Yeah, the all wetehr version) and when the tread was done, it went in nothign flat. I've found out from other owners that the KD and KDW do the same thing.

This round I went with Eagle F1 GS-D3's on the 00. So far they hook like a mother and seem to totally outperform the KDWS's I had, and the stock tires too.

Slapped Fuzion ZRi's on the 01 and I must say I think they work as well as the KDWS tires, yet they were only $450ish for all four!
                Ok, now try the KDW and compare it to the GS-D3. I've got almost over 25K on my KDW set and they still hook great...and I haven't been very easy on them all the time
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

KDW and KDWS are two totally different tires.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I was wanting to get eagle F1's for my car. They come on the new vettes so they gotta grip good right?
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by dochidalgo

Thanks for your imput
                      Dochidalgo
                      What size were your potenza's and how did you like them? I am looking for tires for my 17's and i can get a really good deal on 245/45 potenza pole positions, 4 of them with 80% tread left for 200.00, what do you think?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

I've got KDW's and i love them to bits, i've tried quite a few diffrent tires and lemme tell you, these things stick like glue.
                        '83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

Wow thanks a lot for your replies guys...I REALLY love this forum...indeed!!!

Ken: Yes, It's the desert here but when it rains...it rains a lot ! plus the bad pavement i need all the tire traction available!..Thanks for your imput man!
                          RedLine: Yeah!!!! That's is what I'm looking for...traction like a glue...thanks to you too man
                          Jeanius: My Potenzas were the old ones, without the UNI-T technology, so, They griped well in dry conditions/wet conditions when were new. But recently, they grip like butter on the dish...bad real bad. Besides, they are noisy, very noisy. The handling is the best quality in this set of tires, my respects...
                          So, I would recommend to you assure the set you want to buy, is the newer Potenzas with UNI-T technology...if not, don't purchase them...word of wise (I'm 51 years old jejeje)...
                          Ouija, raro and Steve...The Goodyears are my second choice, I like the thread pattern a lot, they are pricey, but I would like to hear to someone's opinion with these tires installed in his/her car (Joe perhaps?)

Take care
                          Dochidalgo

Comment

Working...
                          X