high flow cats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high flow cats

Hey Guys, This is my first post and Ihave a question for everyone. I brought my car to the strip last yesterday and the best run I could muster was a 15.84. Granted the car is 19 years old and has 100,000 miles. I was looking to do exhaust on ym car to drop that e.t. a bit. Im gonna go with a flowmaster 80 series muffler and I was wondering if a high flow cat is worth the extra $100.Does the high flow cat really help the flow and sound of your exhaust much?

Also how much time do you think i can drop off my time with an all mandrel bent cat-back with an 80 series flowmaster.?

-by the way the car is completely stock except for throttle body coolant bypass and i took the baffles out of the stock intake.

well i personaly have heard they arent worth the money, but maybe sombody else has had luck with them.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

A high flow cat and a good mandrel bent cat back should really help get the car breathing. Cats can be very restrictive on exhaust flow, and will often keep you from gaining much, if any, horsepower from a cat-back alone. Id stay away from the flowmasters if I were you. There are much better flowing systems out there. As far as the cat, do a search on ebay for Carsound high flow catalityc converters. They're by magnaflow and sell for about $60. They can't be beat for that price! But if you want to go for the best, and highest flowing cats out there, Random Technologies is the place to look. I would predict a solid 3 tenths off your E.T. with a cat-back/cat combo, and a good launch. Hope this helps some !

1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Working...
      X