No announcement yet.

Trans Gears... What does it all mean...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Gears... What does it all mean...

Hey everyone,
    I am almost done with my T5 swap. The trans that I got is a World Class T5 from a V6. Below are the gear ratios. Please help me understand what changes this will make to my performance. 1st gear is drasticly smaller, so I am sure that will help my off-the-line performance(If I can get traction) And the highest gears in the two trans are close to eachother so my highway RPM's will be about the same. But how about everything inbetween? And what will be the overall difference?

Here is a little chart I made up.

No F-Body right now

Wow that is a low first gear. Yea if you get traction is the question. It's a very wide ratio. The RPMs are going to drop a lot between shifts. I don't think it will be a problem because I routinely skip 2nd and 4th gear on my 6spd. It's going to be a lot faster in first. It's not going to be a problem except maybe tearing up the rear end. I'd rather have the ratio of the 93 T56 which is wider or closer to yours.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Also, on that chart, whats the rear end gear ratio?!? Cuase that will change it alot. cause I know with my 3:73 110mph is top of 4th (but I think my car is weird) ha ha.
      Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I am running 3.23's. If I did it right... The chart should reflect that.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
        X