Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on an installation

Hey guys ,,,,

I have a third gen and I am installing the front steering linkages. What I am having trouble with are the two pieces (one on each side) that connect the lower A arms to the that center cross bar/connecting bar. I can't seem to get the nut onto the threads because they spin along with the nut. Do I need a special tool for this or am I just missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Update .....While watching a movie last night I realized a few issues with my post. What I meant to say is the tie rods .. connecting the front spindles to the connecting arm is where my difficulty is. The tie rod to spindle is fine. Its the tie rods to the connecting arm where I am having trouble.
    I tried using my air tools but it just spins. Any thoughts or suggestions??
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

If you used a pickle fork to seperate them initially, you may have damamged the ball type joint, allowing the threads to spin.

Comment

I think I backed them out with a hammer...
      I hate to get new ones if there is a way to make these work ...
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
      X