I want a lot of power but......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a lot of power but......

I own a sweet 1994 tarns am and i love it. It is all stock and will stay that way because it is my daily driver.

What i want to do is buy a 1982-1992(3rd gen) trans am and do an engine swap with a normal 350 small block 4 bolt main from any 1967-1980's chevy. I will be putting all forged internals. And i will be putting a twin turbo on it.

What i need help with is motor monts and trans. Are they all the same for 1982-1992. Will any 350 bolt into the stock motor mounts. i can make my own trans mont if i have to but, i dont really want to make my own motor mounts.

Also if you guys know a good block to start with that can hold a lot of power like 600hp+.

any help would be great and when i find my project car i will be on the forum a lot and i will try to keep a good record of everything i do

any Gen 1 small block or big block will bolt into a 3rd gen.everything is the same in a 3rd gen(motor mount and bellhousing wise) with a 69 maro. u want a high nickel content 350 4bolt main. and good luck on the twin turbo set up, u most love frabication work. unless u get the single turbo sts TPI turbo.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

thanks for the info,
      it should not be too hard to do the twin turbo set up. the only parts that need to be made are like the intercooler piping and the exaust to the turbos. also do u guys know anyone that has a turbo or twin turbo 3rd gen f-body

Comment

Originally posted by gexgexgexgex
        thanks for the info,
        it should not be too hard to do the twin turbo set up. the only parts that need to be made are like the intercooler piping and the exaust to the turbos. also do u guys know anyone that has a turbo or twin turbo 3rd gen f-body
        HAHAHA

Twin turbo setups are rare for a reason, just FYI. Ever notice the kind of cars they are on when it comes to Camaro's and Firebirds? Usually drag.
        Michael Key
        Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

remember with the kind of power your putting down youll have to make changes to the rest of the car, ie suspension, rear, driveshaft, and it goes on. Youll also need to do more than bolt on that transmission. your gonna need a much stronger one than the stock 3rd. youll blow that in two seconds.
          ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by pennylessz28
            HAHAHA

Twin turbo setups are rare for a reason, just FYI. Ever notice the kind of cars they are on when it comes to Camaro's and Firebirds? Usually drag.
            Gale Banks did it out on the flats in a 3rd gen firebird...They probably have a kit for that application...I know a guy running a single turbo(not sts) on a 4th gen firebird vert...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Working...
            X