SLP suspension parts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP suspension parts?

I'm just curious as to the quality of SLP suspension parts like SFC's, tower braces, and things like that. Are these parts on par with companies like BMR and LG or are these basically stock Camaro SS parts that are for sale to the general public?

Thanks
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Just buy BMR. SLP is over priced. 200 for lower control arms? I paid like 99 for my BMR's. SLP is good, but there are people making a ton of power, like running 7's on BMR's stuff. There's no reason to pay that much for LCA's. Get the BMR, Spohn, whatever.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

To answer your question, most SLP parts are an original SLP design, and the quality is good. Whether it is up to the price level charged is up to you to decide. I think the CAI is essentially the GM Performance Parts kit. Their headers are their own design. Obviously the shock tower brace is "original" since there never was a factory STB. The Ram Air HO hood is a duplicate of the factory WS6 hood (at least the LT1 version).

They do also sell (or at least used to when they were building the SS) "takeoff" parts from the SS conversions, so in that respect, those aren't even SS quality parts, they are the Z28 parts that were removed. But all of these parts are clearly identified as "takeoff" in the advertising. Their takeoff springs, shocks, differential carriers, etc., were very low prices for essentially new (but stock) parts. They also sell a lot of "takeoff" wheels, or repro wheels made by the original GM supplier.

Third class of parts they were selling, also based on the takeoff parts were "boxed" LCA's and panhard bar. These were stock Z28 parts that they reinforced by welding plates on them to close off the open side. They were a decent quality, but extremely heavy.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I second the BMR suggestion. Just note my signature...... I would suggest the hotchkis shock tower brace though. It is a three piece that allows the removal of just the center section when doing engine work, leaving the mount attached to the shock tower.

Comment

Working...
        X