Help with my 99 Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my 99 Camaro

Hey guys I dont know how many of you have v6's im guessing not awhole lot but Ive looked everywhere online and can't really seem to find alot of performance parts for my 99 v6 camaro....I have a 5 spd with a shorty shifter, flowmaster exhaust,and a slp airbox, Only thing ive seen other than that for a 99 v6 is supercharger, headers, rear end gears...would the air intake kit help any or would that not do anything with my slp airbox>? appreciate some feedback also wondering if I could get a underpulley kit or anything like that !

have you checked out summitracing.com or jegs.com , i'm sure they must have some stuff for v6 camaros
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

SLP has a set of 1.85 high lift rocker arms that is equal to a mild cam swap. www.slponline.com

Comment

oh jessica lol
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Headers, lsd, gears, suspension (very important with drag racing), (i personally wouldnt bother with the intake kit since you already have a lid), heads, cam, turbo, blower, along with anything else I may have missed, check my sig; theres lots out there and if you have any questions on where to find any of the stuff I listed I'll post up some links for ya.
          EDIT: as for underdrive pulleys, they only sell one for the water pump and one for the altenator. They don't make a crank one for some reason or another.
          '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
          Stock with an irratic idle...
          (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6cam
            Headers, lsd, gears, suspension (very important with drag racing), (i personally wouldnt bother with the intake kit since you already have a lid), heads, cam, turbo, blower, along with anything else I may have missed, check my sig; theres lots out there and if you have any questions on where to find any of the stuff I listed I'll post up some links for ya.
            EDIT: as for underdrive pulleys, they only sell one for the water pump and one for the altenator. They don't make a crank one for some reason or another.

whats your hp at?

Comment

Wish I knew, wanna pay for a dyno run for me?
              '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5

Comment

Oh heres some pics of my car too does the neons make it look like a ricer though? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/822670

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6cam
                  Wish I knew, wanna pay for a dyno run for me
                  Im gona get mine dynoed soon too I'm guessing im at 220 mabey 230?

Comment

No the neons are fine especially since they go with your stripes. I'm not a fan of neons personally but damn good job with that The tailights I never liked but they aren't AS BAD since your car is white, but I'd never get em.
                    '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro99
                      Im gona get mine dynoed soon too I'm guessing im at 220 mabey 230?
                      at the crank maybe if you're lucky. most stock 3.8Ls dyno around 155-170rwhp and id add about 10 for your mods so I'd say 165-180rwhp. It's a big range I know but there are factory freaks and there are factory dogs.
                      '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5

Comment

Just wanna say nice ride. I'm sure you'll find plenty of mod sources on here.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                        1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

lmperformance.com www.ftpp.net thunderracing.com umiperformace.com zzperformance.com www.texas-speed.com lots of sites with parts. fullthrottlev6.com is a great site if you're looking for info. So is camarov6.com but they get annoying sometimes.
                          '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5

Comment

hey thanks guys helped alot!

Comment

Working...
                            X