Gas Caps that Lock with a Key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Caps that Lock with a Key

Can you buy gas caps that lock with a key at Kmart, or Walmart. Looking for a cheap 1 thats why I mentioned them? Anyone have 1? Noticed my gas cap loose today, and it freaked me out thinking someone might have put something in my gas tank. Cars fine, but you never know. (It must have just come little loose from not putting it on properly.)
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

I don't know if you can get them at wal-marts and k-marts, but any pepboys, advance, or any other auto parts store has them. I'd be willing to bet most guys here use them... it's definately cheap insurance.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I'd be more concerned with someone taking stuff out of my tank. $3 per gallon tonite here, and I saw the pictures of almost $6 in Atlanta today!

The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

yeah a agree with what EquatorHeat said you dont want anyone siphoning your gas, my car had a lockinig gas door so i never needed a cap but they are readily accessible to anyone and are pretty cheap to buy. It is definately a good choice to goo out and buy one.
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Steve just bought a Fram and it's a sure locking one. The stant locks only half the time. There is a simple trick to remove the supposedly locked cap. Please buy one, don't end up like me http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3397
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I bought 1 yesterday for $ 19.25 at Carquest autoparts. Ordered it, and it came in early next morning. He said good thing I ordered when I did because next day they were out of stock on them. Must be selling like crazy now because people are afraid of gas siphoning because of the expensive, and increasing price of gas. I was worried about someone putting something in my tank. lol I guess its good for at least 3 things I can think of now. 1 - gas siphoning, 2 - someone putting a foreign substance in the tank, and 3 - if someone steals your car when they run out of gas they will have to ditch the car, so they won't get away with it. Hmmm glad I bought 1 I guess.
            94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

the parts stores around here are totally out of locking gas caps they'll get a shipment in like a month... my boyfriend and i stopped to talk to some ppl he used to work with and in like 20 mins 10 ppl came in and asked for them. I wish i had one, im afraid someones gonna get my gas..it finally went down to like 2.89. Is there anywhere online I could order one?

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
              **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
              **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

You would want the stock one GM Part #22660006 because was designed to match the whole fuel system pressure of your car.
                Cheap means problems like fuel smell fumes problems and spontaneous fire risks..

Take care
                Dochidalgo
                97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Working...
                X