Got some F-Body Questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some F-Body Questions...

I searched before this question and couldn't find anything...anyway...

- How well does the interior of the F-Body cars hold up??? I've heard people say there good and others say there sqeak rattle and everything else, just in general I realize every car is different...

- Are there any signs I should look for buying a 98 or newer LS1 car???

Thanks guys, Im really ready to get rid of my Rustang and get a GM (real car), lol

Later,
    Jake

It depends what you're used to, and how lazy you are.

LS1 F-bods are on par with most vehicles from that time frame, meaning that some squeaks and rattles are going to get you. Put on drop springs and 18" wheels and accelerate it a few times over.

One thing that is good, is that most stuff tears off very easily, so if you aren't a lazy one you can track down and go to work with foam or padding or whatever you choose to use. Basic things like tightenings screws and using weatherstripping grease (frameless windows are the devil) can go a long way.

My 150k mile 93 Formula had one intermittent squeak I couldn't find. My 50k mile 00 Vert has .

Lots of the often used switchgear wears out (think window and lock switches), and GM's plastic fastener / attachments could hold up better - you have to be careful taking things apart. Quite frankly, the leather could be better, and doesn't hold up too well if you're a bit fat or rough on it.

But, if you are coming from ANY Mustang barring the new 05's, you'll be happy. Gen 4's are much better than Gen 3's.

Get your car and figure out what you need while spare parts are still plentiful. The LS1 will make up for any sqeak you might hear before you hit the loud pedal.

Comment

My head rest on the passenger side rattles, plus the ?hydraulic? pump on the passenger side for the hatch... other then that its pretty clean.

97 WS6

Comment

The most common interior fault is the side bolsters of the seats. The driver's side typically wears from getting into and out of the car. Other than that, I would say that eveything else is just like any other car. If you beat on it, it will start to show it's age. My 140K mile WS6 has no squeeks and rattles, neither does my 140K mile Z28.

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the fast relpy's guys... yea I'v had to chase down a good number or squeaks in the mustang, so I dont think I'll have a problem fixin them...

Got one more question: The WS6 has: Ram Air, Wheels, and Suspension, are there any engine mods also? I know the FireHawk has engine mods but I wasn't sure about the WS6...

Later,
          Jake

Comment

Originally posted by EagleOne
            Sweet, thanks for the fast relpy's guys... yea I'v had to chase down a good number or squeaks in the mustang, so I dont think I'll have a problem fixin them...

Got one more question: The WS6 has: Ram Air, Wheels, and Suspension, are there any engine mods also? I know the FireHawk has engine mods but I wasn't sure about the WS6...

Later,
            Jake
            Nope... That pretty much sums it up. It's a bit more horsepower and a bit better handling than it's Trans Am/Formula counterparts. Some people go simply by looks. Some like the aggressive look of the WS.6, and some like the cleaner look of the T/A or Formula.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Sweet, thats what I was thinkin...

Thanks,
              Jake

Comment

Working...
              X