Removing an I PASS, need some help >>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing an I PASS, need some help >>

I know this is probably a really stupid question, but thought I'd ask anyways...My mom has an IPass in her car, but she is selling the car. Anyways, the IPASS is on the windshield with the self-adhesive DURALOCK strips... The problem I'm having now is removing these two strips. They don't want to seem to come off the windshield. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get these off? They look really stupid on there now... Also, can't you just HOLD the ipass up to the windshield when you go through a toll, that way you don't have to deal with those stupid adhesive things??

Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

I don't know how I PASS compares to our EZ-PASS, but you can hold the transponder up to the windshield as you go through the gate and it works. They also have a "suction cup" holder that is great for transferring the pass between vehicles. The tape should just peal off the windshield. Scrape if off with a razor blade and use Goo Gone to get rid of the residue.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Liberal use of a hair dryer may be in order as well.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

If you like to drive fast don't use IPASS or EZPASS. I have friends in the legal profession and they want to use the records for speeding tickets. You will see this happen. Don't know when, but it will happen. Its easy money for the state. Big brother is at it again!

They also use the records for divorce cases, to see where the naughty spouce(s) have been.
        John
        97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
        02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
        99 Bravada

Comment

Originally posted by Tundrahog
          If you like to drive fast don't use IPASS or EZPASS. I have friends in the legal profession and they want to use the records for speeding tickets. You will see this happen. Don't know when, but it will happen. Its easy money for the state. Big brother is at it again!

They also use the records for divorce cases, to see where the naughty spouce(s) have been.
          How would they use it for speeding tickets? Unless they had antennas at two different positions to pick up your location and time elapsed between the two....even then it may not be too accurate.

Your other point though I can easily see that happening...
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
          X