Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has your Gas Mileage been with your mods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How has your Gas Mileage been with your mods?

When I put a Transgo Shift Kit, LT headers and Borla on my 1998 A4, my efficiency was pretty surprising. I estimated about 18-19 MPG in the city and 24 MPG on the highway. Anyone get similar results. Kind of nice with gas prices now and days. I'm thinking of getting a Toyota Hybrid Highlander if I can get one. Anyway. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

I was getting more than that until I went with 3.73s. That cut it down severely.

Comment

I got 28 miles per gallon on a round trip to the Trans Am nationals. In the city - not so good.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Ive been doing alot of driving now that school has started, the commute isnt that bad, nice drive and all. I just filled up today, I calculated my avg to be 17 mpg. Its all stp and go driving so I figured im not doing so bad. We all have to understand were not paying just for gas, I see it as 1.50 for gas and a 1.50 for thrill!
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

I've calculated that I get around 15 mpg combined. Keep in mind though that 95% of my driving is non-highway, no really open roads, and chicago traffic.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

The only mod I've done is the LoudMouth. I actually seem to get better mileage by one gallon. It's not much, but I'm sure it's due to how well the exhaust flows now. I get about 17mpg doing normal driving... of course, that is when I go 2nd to 4th to 6th.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Every mod I've done has slighty increased my gas mileage, even the 4.10s (unless I go on the highway). I get around 26-32 depending on how I drive it.
              '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
              Stock with an irratic idle...
              (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

With mainly stop and go, I usually see around 17, maybe a little higher if the freeway isn't bad for the few minutes I'm on it. And...well...I do tend to enjoy the car a litte bit . In trips though, with the cruise set at 80, I usually see around 25. It definitely picked up since I started modding it, esp. with the new injectors (thanks again to Craig for those ).
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Stop... Just stop. You guys are making me want to get an LS1 or LT1. My 305TBI gets about 17mpg combined. However, I do get on the pedal sometimes.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                    Stop... Just stop. You guys are making me want to get an LS1 or LT1. My 305TBI gets about 17mpg combined. However, I do get on the pedal sometimes.
                    Your 17 beats my 15

I tend to not beat on it....but accelerate quickly. And yes, there is a difference
                    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Last two times 14.5 & 14.8.
                      '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

I get about 20 mpg in the stealth, very little highway driving. So i'm pretty happy with that. Thats with just a CAI
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I check it one time doing 70 to 95 an got 25 mpg I am very happy
                          But read on a post that things are so bad that Injuneer is going to buy A Skoda LOL I want one two.

Comment

Working...
                          X