How Much MPG Go Up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much MPG Go Up?

How much will my mpg increase driving like Miss Daisy prepared to fun, but not too crazy? 2.73 gears I have. All stop, and go driving. Not letting the rpms ever exceed 1800 even when accelerating, always in Overdrive, speed never over 45 mph, and coasting with foot off the gas whenever possible. Prepared to normal driving with a little bit of fun which I mean hitting the gas hard once in awhile. Experimenting with this right now since gas is, so high. Just filled the tank up yesterday at 2.95 a gallon for 93 octane the cheapest gas around my town. (Some places were 50 cents more, but that was like the highest prepared to the lowest.)
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Theres no way anyone can tell you an exact amount. Every car & driver is different. But I can tell you it will be considerable. I get about 100 miles more per tank when I drive "normal" as apposed to driving "fun"
    No F-Body right now

Comment

It would be hard to tell, but I'd say maybe a couple extra miles per gallon...2 or 3.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

man gas is cheap there...gas here is 3.29 for 92 octain. and that was yesterday too. not sure about today.
        96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

Working...
        X