No announcement yet.

Spark plugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with those plugs man. Everyone here who ive talked too says that the person responsible for designing that part of the engine (it was probobly the same jerk who designed the optispark) should meet a very uncomfortable and untimely demise. But good luck anyway!
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

The way I phrase it is GM had leftover LT1 engines, handed them to the f-body designers and said "make a car fit around this". So they dropped some clay on the motor and molded the car around it, forgetting to trim off the inside so the motor actually had room around it
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        That's why removing other things makes it easier. I removed the alternator, starter and Y pipe. The result was doing the job in less than 5 hours. I can't imagine trying to do it without removing certain items.
        I hear what you're saying Joe! What can I say, I was 17, and didn't know any better. I changed those things shortly after I got the car, and before I knew about this board. I know much better now!
        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Im doing the same thing next weekend,what gap would be best? Ls1 powerd & only small mods.
          2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

Comment

Working...
          X