exhaust question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust question

Need help on the catalatic converters if I get new exhaust and leave them out I know I will always get codes. but I have heard of the O2 simulators that may fix that but I know that it is just a resistor of some sort looking for a cheap replacement. without having to ship stuff to germany any help would be great thanks.

also it's on a 2002 Z28 if wondering

Comment

Its more than a resistor. It has to supply the oscillating voltage signal the PCM is looking for (must range from below 391mVolts to above 491mVolts).

How much power do you feel the dual catalytic converters on your 2002 are costing you?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

What Fred is hinting at is that it's not really neccessary to get rid of the cats. They are the last restriction in the exhaust. Unless you're making big hp numbers, I wouldn't mess with them.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
        X