Bought SS Silverado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought SS Silverado

I bought a SS Silverado yesteday at work and am very pleased with it. Its just right...nice room..all comforts of a truck...and just enough power to keep me happy, not to mention the AWD. I drove the shiny black truck home yesterday...only to wake up to rain this morning. I'll just have make ready detail it again cuz of the rain. This truck looks sinfully bad clean. Just letting ya'll know! I'll post pics as soon as I get them.
    1996 WS6 T/A - M6,not stock
    2004 GTO - M6, stock
    lost rides
    2003 Silverado SS - stock
    2000 Yamaha R1 - fast enough stock

Very nice. Enjoy the ride.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Looked at the SS when I ordered a truck . Somebody mentioned that GM will be doing more to it in the next year or two so I held off opting for a 2500HD.The SS is a Sweet loking truck though

Comment

It's a nice truck, but it's no performance truck like the SS name would indicate. Not to put down your new truck, but an extra cab, AWD 5000 lb truck is not a performance vehicle and shouldn't deserve to carry the SS name badge. Here's the newest SS truck Chevrolet is working on. It's true to the SS heritage and it even has a 6 speed transmission.

New SS Pickup

69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
        70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
        2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

I like what they did with it, except for the massive weight.... nothing a Kenne Bell or MagnaCharger blower won't fix though.... . Then there's always the C5 aluminum 7L block....... or people building 430+ci monsters out of the 6.0L truck blocks....
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X