Zaino questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino questions...

Should i add z-3 to my order? It isnt anywhere on the instructions page...

On a white car, should i use Z5? Or just Z2?

Should i get Z-8?

im making an order tonight / tomorrow, so im debating what to get...

Z-1, Z-2, Z-6, & Z-10 ( i have a clay bar and plenty of Z-7) is the list so far.
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

you do not need z-3. That is for non-clear coated paint.

If you have visible swirl marks, go with Z-5. Z-5 alone won't hurt even if you don't have swirl marks, but it doesn't have the same optical properties of z-2. If you're happy with your lack of swirls, go with z-2.

Z-8 is up to you. It's more for show car use and not for daily use. If your car is a daily driver and you'll be dusting it often between washes, stick with Z-6. Much more economical.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

not to hijack this thread but im planning on ordering some zaino for my 94 black z28 with heavy swirl marks.... now i went to the site but im quite confused as to what its all about...i understand i need to wash the car first, but for better results i should use a clay bar to wipe down the car prior to polishing and after washing... now the part where im really really confused is WHICH Polish should i use for a black z28, theres like 12 of them.... are they different for each color car or? im just a little confused.... thanks,

-chris

Comment

There's aren't 12 polishes... well maybe there are but they're for different surfaces. For a black car with swirls you'll want to start by claying the car. Wash the clay residue off (this is where you'll want to purchase some z-7), dry the car with 100% cottom towels, now polish with Z-5. For the first time, and any time you want to do more than one coat in 24 hours, you need to add ZFX to that z-5. Remove polish with 100% cotton towels or baby diapers. Spray car with Z-6 gloss enhancer between coats and whenever dusty. The other polishes are for glass, plastic, non-clearcoated paint, etc.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by paxton350
          "my 94 black z28 with heavy swirl marks.... "-chris

If you have heavy swirl marks I would recommend meguir's #9 Swirl remover 2.0 This is a deminishing polish that will cut the very top layer of the clear coat and the abrasives will get smaller and smaller.
          Zaino can hide these swirls to some extent but if you want to get ride of them you'll have to use an abrasive and keep it covered with Zaino.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Zaino also now makes a deminishing Swirl Mark Remover that is compatible with the Zaino polishes, meaning you don't have to wash with Dawn or reclean the surface (to remove the oils) prior to adding a layer of the polish. For modern clear coated vehicles there are only 2 Zaino polishes, the Z-2 and Z-5.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
            KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
            X