Supporting parts for a stroker...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting parts for a stroker...

I have made a list of parts I need to support my stroker engine and just want to see if there are any parts you guys think I may have left out. Also, are there parts I have listed that I DON'T need?

So far I have:

Fuel Pump

Bigger Injectors

Bigger MAF

New Opti (might as well)

Timing Chain

Throttle Body

Also, I have heard that 36# is enough for around 500 horses. If I am going to be close or more than that, what # should I go with?

Also, I would welcome suggestions on MAF's and Throttle bodies that you guys have been happy with.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

for a stroker, ive been contemplating parts myself, some parts i would probably throw in there would be a fuel pressure regulator and a pcm tune... as for injectors id probably run 36's with either 52 or 58mm t.b. 42's which i think would be more than adequate i think id run with a 58mm t.b. the only t.b ive tried is my holley 52mm w/ granatelli maf (descreened too) which still both work great after a few seasons of use w/ absolutely no problems.

Comment

I think you are right about the injectors. I found a set of 43#ers on Thunder Racing that were at a very fair price.

The car is going to be dyno tuned after it's done. I trust MadZ28 as he did excellent work on my first PCU flash, but on a stroker I would rather have a guy standing there dialing it in.

Will it hurt to run a little bigger throttle body than perhaps is necessary? I am leaning toward the 58mm with hopes of attaining about 500hp.

Also, I have already gutted my MAF, so what is really different about the aftermarket ones? Are they physically bigger?

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
      Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

check out freds (injuneers) mod page in his sig it has a pretty detailed description of everything he did for his swap maybe you can get some more ideas from there....

-chris

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysta
          I think you are right about the injectors. I found a set of 43#ers on Thunder Racing that were at a very fair price.

The car is going to be dyno tuned after it's done. I trust MadZ28 as he did excellent work on my first PCU flash, but on a stroker I would rather have a guy standing there dialing it in.

Will it hurt to run a little bigger throttle body than perhaps is necessary? I am leaning toward the 58mm with hopes of attaining about 500hp.

Also, I have already gutted my MAF, so what is really different about the aftermarket ones? Are they physically bigger?

The dyno tune is a really good idea mail order tunes are great for bolt on cars but when you start going that big a dyno tune will do so much more. Also a 58mm throttle body should not be to large if your shooting for the 500hp mark.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
          X