F Body Parts Depot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F Body Parts Depot?

I have not driven our 94 Z28 in about two years because I don't "need" the car anymore. We have had the thing since new so it is more like family than car. I moved it arond to the shop yesterday because I finished my last project. I want to do some mods and reseal the leaks (which are numerous). Could any of you recommend some sites for buying parts over the net?

I've ordered quite a few things from www.lmperformance.com and www.ftpp.net with no problems. Good sites IMO. And if you want suspension definatly go to www.umiperformance.com
    '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
    Stock with an irratic idle...
    (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

For OEM parts, there is www.gmpartsdirect.com but their shipping speed and customer service have been questionable.

I found this guy to be the best:
      Dal Slabaugh: 877-448-5451
      email: lockitup@bright.net
      VanDevere Buick/Pontiac/Olds Akron, OH

Excellent customer service, quick shipping, and great prices.

Some also recommend:
      Jason Cromer: 877-726-8295 or 850-243-8826 (direct parts dept ph #)
      email: parts@samtaylor.com
      Sam Taylor Buick/Cadillac Ft. Walton Beach, FL
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT

I found this guy to be the best:
        Dal Slabaugh: 877-448-5451
        email: lockitup@bright.net
        VanDevere Buick/Pontiac/Olds Akron, OH

Excellent customer service, quick shipping, and great prices.

Some also recommend:
        Jason Cromer: 877-726-8295 or 850-243-8826 (direct parts dept ph #)
        email: parts@samtaylor.com
        Sam Taylor Buick/Cadillac Ft. Walton Beach, FL
        Both of these are top notch sources for cut rate genuine GM parts.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Both of these are top notch sources for cut rate genuine GM parts.
            I'll have to second that one
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Just following with info obtained from other boards..... over the last two weeks, there have been an increasing number of complaints about Jason CromerSam Taylor. Main complaint is parts being shipped with no protective packing at all.... just loose in a box, with damage to many parts, mainly the Opti's.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                Just following with info obtained from other boards..... over the last two weeks, there have been an increasing number of complaints about Jason CromerSam Taylor. Main complaint is parts being shipped with no protective packing at all.... just loose in a box, with damage to many parts, mainly the Opti's.
                Funny that you say that...cuz that's where I ordered my opti from. One of the male terminals in the opti connector was slightly bent. Being it was something I didn't even think of, I didn't check it. By the time I tried to put in the connector (which I did after I put on my new water pump), I realized there was a problem. It was because of this that my female port in my connector got screwed up. This really didn't bother me though due to the savings I received in ordering through him.

It might bother me now...

I just got a call from my buddy literally 5 minutes ago, and apparently the opti connector cannot be replaced. You have to buy the whole harness...$88. Luckily, a journeyman who works at his same shop said he has the specialty tool required to fix long connectors. Tonight we're going to work on it, and hopefully I won't face any problems. I really hope my opti works without problems

The box it was shipped in didn't have any protective packing either...but it was in a smaller box and didn't have much space to move around.
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                X