Proper Breaking In Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Breaking In Question

Tomorrow is the day when everything goes back together. It would have been done on sunday had my sensor connector that goes in to my opti was a-ok...but that's definitely not the case. I came to realize that one of the 4 female ports inside the connector was pushed far back in to it...and for those of you that have seen this connector...it is a long one. I'm having my buddy at a chevy dealership order me up a new one today...should be in by tomorrow...should be up and running by tomorrow night.

My question is I have replaced 2 major things while doing all of this...my opti and my waterpump. Is there a proper break in time for these parts? My old opti was crapping out at WOT before, so I do want to test this...I just don't want to do it unless I'm 100% sure it's okay to do.

Thanks guys
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

There is no need to worry about "break in" on the water pump or the Opti.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      There is no need to worry about "break in" on the water pump or the Opti.
      Thanks
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
      X