Need help identifying a part...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a part...

What is the small black sensor mounted on the block underneath the EGR Valve? And also what does it control?

http://shbox.com/1/egr1.jpg

The reason I ask is because when my car went down last week I lost control of my clutch and brakes. Upon inspection i found that my clutch fork had broke and took the throwout bearing with it. After deciding it was a bad shift fork I found that this little sensor was broke and began wondering if maybe it could have something to do with my clutch and brakes both going on me. Could it be the reason why this all happened?
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Oil pressure sender?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Did you take off the transmission cross member and let the back of the transmission down (maybet to get to the bolts that mount the trans to the bellhousing)?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You clicked on the wrong "Shoebox" picture

The clutch fork isn't going to have any affect on the brakes. The oil pressure sensor is not going to affect the clutch or the brakes.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X