Engine computers, chips & downloads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine computers, chips & downloads

Ive been searching the web, forum etc and am now totally confused (not hard to confuse me)! people talk about 4th gen as obd1 with obd2 plug.. Well is the v6 obd1 or 2? it says obd2 on the inside of the hood, but I bought a Actron code scanner (cp9001) for obd 2 camaro.. and it dont work! I def know I have obd2 plug..
    At end of day my aim is to make a cable so I can plug car in to lap top, using programs be able to read fault codes, watch temps voltages etc (diagnostics) and be able to change perameters etc and upload new data...
    Can I do this for my v6?
    Anyone had any experiances with 3.4l v6 mod chips?
    Screaming Mad
    Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
    Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
    0-60 7.74
    1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Originally posted by Screaming mad
    Ive been searching the web, forum etc and am now totally confused (not hard to confuse me)! people talk about 4th gen as obd1 with obd2 plug.. Well is the v6 obd1 or 2? it says obd2 on the inside of the hood, but I bought a Actron code scanner (cp9001) for obd 2 camaro.. and it dont work! I def know I have obd2 plug..
    At end of day my aim is to make a cable so I can plug car in to lap top, using programs be able to read fault codes, watch temps voltages etc (diagnostics) and be able to change perameters etc and upload new data...
    Can I do this for my v6?
    should be an obd2 connector but it also should be an obd1 computer

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
      should be an obd2 connector but it also should be an obd1 computer
      I don't think that is true for the V6 cars. I think they went to OBDII in 1994.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I couldn't find the post but I think its eather about a supercharged v6 or for a dyno run. But in the post it mentioned that they dont have a lt1 edit type program that you can run on your v6 to tweek it. Something about cracking the GM V6 chip.
        Sorry I can't be more of a help but if you have some time try searching for the post.
        94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming mad
          Can I do this for my v6?
          The only 4th gen with OBD-II shaped DLC and OBD-I computer is a 1995 LT1.

Your 1994 should be OBD-I with a 12 pin OBD-I DLC. The only f-body V6 that I know of that were OBD-II were the 3.8s.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X