Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing fog light bulb

Hey guys,
    I'm new to this forum, but you guys seem to put some great stuff together. I just bought a 95' T/A, 6-speed, T-tops, and I love all of it. My only problem is that the bulb on the passenger side fog light up front is toast. I know I need an 880 bulb, but how do I get in the fog light. Thankyou!!!!

If I remember correctly you get to it from underneath. I think there are black plastic panels that are screwed into clips.
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Well, I just went through this with my 2000 Bird. It was a PITA.
      Maybe I did it wrong. I thought it was odd that the owners manual made NO MENTION of how to replace it. Probably cause it's such a pain.
      Anyways, I went at it from underneath. There are about 6 bolts holding a panel on under the engine bay. Even after I took them all out the panel wouldn't come out so I just bent it out of the way. Reached up there and felt my way to replacement. Good luck.

Comment

Hey, welcome to the boards...I have a 95 t/a as well

I had to do my driver's side fog light....it was easy stuff. It was a while ago, but I'll remember as best as I can. Go from underneath, and there is some plastic piece that you have to take off...just a couple bolts. I then decided to take off the housing that holds the bulb in there...just a couple more bolts. By doing this, I had more than enough access (obviously) for taking out the old bulb without risk of breaking it, and putting the new one. Repeat the same process backwards, and you're good to go
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

My 1995 camaro is a major PITA. I have done it at least 4 times.
          I had to unscrew the torx screw from the front of the light assembly, then pull the two plastic hinge pins out. Replace the bulb then put the hinge pins back in, this is the hardest part. Then replace the screw and aligh the assembly.

I tried taking the whole assembly out from under the vehicle but ni dice.

Someone tell me the easy way to replce the 1995 Camaro fog light bulb
          1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
          Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
          Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by wrd1972
            My 1995 camaro is a major PITA. I have done it at least 4 times.
            I had to unscrew the torx screw from the front of the light assembly, then pull the two plastic hinge pins out. Replace the bulb then put the hinge pins back in, this is the hardest part. Then replace the screw and aligh the assembly.

I tried taking the whole assembly out from under the vehicle but ni dice.

Someone tell me the easy way to replce the 1995 Camaro fog light bulb
            Is a camaro really that much harder than a T/A

My replacement was easy as pie...took 5 minutes max.
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Oh yeah, and the T/A has a different bumper than the V6 Firebird.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                Is a camaro really that much harder than a T/A

My replacement was easy as pie...took 5 minutes max.

Okay, how did you do it!!!!
                Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by wrd1972
                  Okay, how did you do it!!!!
                  I wish I had pictures so I could show you what I am trying to explain...but this was on my driver's side.

I remember there was some plastic piece in my way...like a splash panel or something. Just a couple bolts I remember. Once that came off, I had access to the area around and behind my fog light. I disconnected the connector that goes in to it, and took off the bolts so the actual housing that holds the fog light would come out. Once this was done, I just swapped the bulbs and reversed the process.

Comment

That the way I attempted to do it too, but for some reason I could not get it out. May have to look at it again.

Comment

Thanks a ton guys. I bought the fog light bulb and am going to replace it ASAP.

Comment

Yes, the Camaro is a PITA. Doing mine takes about 20-30 min. for just one. You've gotta pull 3 2-piece plugs then hold the bumper cover down as you reach in and replace the bulb. Sounds easy but total pain. Maybe they changed it after the 93, but that's the way mine is.
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

If you have normal to small hands... you can replace the fog light bulb from the top side.
                          Make sure your fog light switch is off!
                          Open the hood..... put up the headlights and then place them in the parking light switch position (head lights still up but off).

Now look down using a flash ligh and you'll see the fog light. Turn the foglight and pull it out of its connection. Replace it and reinstall the light. It took me only 10 minutes to replace both fog lights!
                          1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
                          http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

Working...
                          X