Looking for a good electric cutout.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good electric cutout.

Been hunting through the threads trying to figure out which brand is the best. It seems DMH makes the better cutout out of the group. I was wondering does anyone have any opinions on this company and their customer support (do they really back up their 4 year warranty)? I really don't want to purchase one and have the motor die on me with the cutout stuck open.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

QTEC has been good to me, but I kind of regretted buying it because it only has a 90 day warranty. I would buy the DMH since they're warranty is nice. One good thing about QTEC, though, is if your motor fails out of warranty, I think it's only ~$30 to rebuild or fix it. You might want to research more on that if you're interested in QTEC.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

One good thing about QTEC, though, is if your motor fails out of warranty, I think it's only ~$30 to rebuild or fix it
      You mean they'll pay for the rebuild of the motor in the cutout right? Not the car's motor. That'd be insane if they would pay for an engine rebuild.
      1989 TA
      Flowmaster exhaust
      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
      K&N CAI
      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Ummm, yes, the cutout motor. It wouldn't make sense for them to warranty your engine when you buy a ~$100 cutout lol. If they did, I'd buy one for all my cars
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
          Been hunting through the threads trying to figure out which brand is the best. It seems DMH makes the better cutout out of the group. I was wondering does anyone have any opinions on this company and their customer support (do they really back up their 4 year warranty)? I really don't want to purchase one and have the motor die on me with the cutout stuck open.
          DMH makes a nice unit. I got mine when he was still developing them back in 99 or whenever it was. His has the slotted plate which I don't believe the others have. I mounted mine right in the Borla and got the motor sticking out towards the 315 Drag Radial and last year when I was going around a corner too hot and the sway of the car and the lack of clearance and broke the motor off and punctured the tire Then I figured out the motor was available at Grainger and bought a new one and fixed it up good as new. I replaced it on the car and spaced it away from the tire this time and it's been good since then.

Comment

I used a QTEC cutout with my Borla over 2 winters in New Jersey. It worked fine the whole time. I think their warranty is more cautious because it was relatively new and the guy wanted to see how it would perform. I needed the wire lead replaced and lived close by to their shop, so I paid them a visit. I think I kinked the wire on install initially. It's a really small outfit but the owner is very approachable. They replaced it without question.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Does anybody have the web site for QTEC I would like to check it out.
              thanks Blazer

Comment

www.quicktimeperformance.com
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

FLP made a slide type electric cutout. The cutout was on a rail(rack and pinion) type of set up. They weighed about 6+lbs a piece though. Don't know if they make them any more.

Take a look or call them. www.flp2win.com
                  John
                  97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
                  02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
                  99 Bravada

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                    I was going around a corner too hot and the sway of the car and the lack of clearance and broke the motor off and punctured the tire .

Now come on, aside from it being a little funny, you had to have about soiled your drawers at the time wondering what you broke.

d&r

Comment

Working...
                    X