Tranny Leaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Leaking

My tranny had a 2 year warranty from the company I bought it from (thank God!), and just the other day, it started to leak.

I inspected it, and found out it is coming from right behind the torque converter (towards the rear of the car). My best guess is that this is my front pump seal or the gasket in my front pump

I'm going to call this place on my lunchbreak at work. When I do call, I would want to sound at least a bit knowledgeable. Would my guesses be correct, or could someone here enlighten me.

Thanks
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

The converter itself may be leaking as well. Best to just let them take it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      The converter itself may be leaking as well. Best to just let them take it apart.
      I was thinking that before...but wasn't sure how probable that even was.

I hope all of this goes without problems...this is the last thing I need 2 1/2 weeks before I drive out to Wyoming for school.

Hey...at least this didn't start up in the middle of no where Nebraska or something.

Thanks
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Where could the torque converter leak that would be in front of the seal where it goes into the tranny?
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I've seen hairline cracks on converters that leak. That was the last thing I look for, but when all else failed.... that's what I found.

Comment

Working...
          X