Traction Control Switch Missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control Switch Missing

Hey everyone, I've been going through my 95' T/A and noticed that my TCS OFF light is on. Now I know that on every single other firebird ever made has it right next to the shifter. Mine shows no sign of a switch there. Also, when I floor it, I don't lose one bit of traction. Shed some light on this one. Thanks!!!

Maybe the dash was set up with anticipation of adding Traction Control, but you don't really have it, only for some reason, the light went on. My 95 doesn't have it at all, just the performance shift button.

Now, if the Low Trac light went on - that is Antilock Brakes warning - maybe bad connection at the connector or something like that.

Comment

Does you build tag show RPO "NW9"? That would indicate it has the optional traction control system. If it didn't get the option, it won't have a button. It would also have a large black box sitting on the driver's side valve cover.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X