Throwing 3 codes please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing 3 codes please help.

I have a 96 Trans Am and last night my SES light came on. I took the car to Autozone and had them scan the car and it came out that I am throwing 3 codes. They are:
    -Secondary Air Injection System
    -Valve A malfunction
    -Manufacturer Control Auxiliary Inputs and Auxiliary Out puts
    Does anybody know what could be wrong or what could be causing these codes. The car also started getting very hot about 210. It went from 180 to about 220 in about 2 minutes. I just got a new fuel pump installed last week and the car ran great up until last night, the car still does run fine, I just want to get rid of the annoying SES light. Should I try to reset the car to stock with my HPP3 then reset it for the 160 thermo and gear. Any help will be great.
    Thanks
    Tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Codes are often misinterpreted by whomever tries to cross reference them. Please post the exact code numbers you got. You can find an applicable code list link in my sig (DTCs).

As a first step, check the AIR pump fuse under the hood. It is a common failure.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

The "Secondary Air Injection System" is probably a blown fuse for the smog pump. Sometimes one code will trigger a bunch more. The manual says to fix the codes in the order they are given because fixing the first one may fix the rest.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I was trying to find the code numbers in the programer that the guys used at Autozone but could not find the numbers. I just wrote down what codes it said that i was throwing. Anybody know how or what to fix for the secondary air injection code? Where is the AIR pump located at?
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
          I was trying to find the code numbers in the programer that the guys used at Autozone but could not find the numbers. I just wrote down what codes it said that i was throwing. Anybody know how or what to fix for the secondary air injection code? Where is the AIR pump located at?
          Like I said, check the air pump fuse and see if it is blown.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Anybody know how or what to fix for the secondary air injection code? Where is the AIR pump located at?
            Tom,
            Your fuse box is located on the drivers side under your hood. I'm not sure which one is for your AIR Pump. I'd suggest looking in your owners manual or looking on line. If I were at home right now, I'd take a look at my chiltons...but that's not the case.

Your AIR Pump is located right under your ICM and Coil. If you were looking at your engine from the front of your car, and your intake elbow and airbox were off, on the driver's side, next to your water pump, is your ICM and Coil. Directly under that, is what looks like a black plastic cylinder or box..you'll have a hoses that are connected to it...that's your AIR pump.

I'm not that far from you. If these problems keep going on, PM me or something, and we could meet up if you need help.

Chris
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Like I said, check the air pump fuse and see if it is blown.
              Pictures help too
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

If you take off the fuse box cover it should have them labeled right inside there what they are.
                1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I cant do that right now becuase I am at work but what would be some signs to look for that it is blown. Thanks guys.

Comment

I cant do that right now becuase I am at work but what would be some signs to look for that it is blown. Thanks guys.
                    Look at the metal horseshoe that's inside the fuse. A good one = metal piece is in tact. A bad fuse = metal is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                      Look at the metal horseshoe that's inside the fuse. A good one = metal piece is in tact. A bad fuse = metal is broken.
                      I know how to check that i meant how do I check for a bad AIR pump. my bad. Why do i have to check my fuse box? what does that have to do with my AIR pump. thanks

Comment

I know how to check that i meant how do I check for a bad AIR pump. my bad. Why do i have to check my fuse box? what does that have to do with my AIR pump. thanks
                        The air pump is electric. "It's electric" LOL When they go bad the blow the fuse.

Comment

OHHHHHHHHH, i get it know. sorry kinda slow and my boss keeps walkin by me and im not suppose to be on the internet so im just able to read little tid bits of each post every couple minutes. thanks guys ill let u know whats going on.

Comment

OK so I checked out my fuses and my fan fuse was broke so i replaced that and tried it, still no luck. But then my dad took off my gas cap and reput it on a bingo no more SES light. Then I checked out the owners manuel and it was saying if the SES light is solid then check the gas cap and a couple other things. But if the SES light is flashing then you have a more serious problem i guess. Lets hope that annoying light stays off. Thanks guys.
                            Tom

Comment

there was a recall on the air pump, and when the ses light is flashing it means engine misfire.

Comment

Working...
                              X