Supercharge it--yes, no, maybe???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharge it--yes, no, maybe???

Just wondering if any of you have supercharged an 02 Camaro SS? If so, what brand would you recommend? Did you have to install any other parts with it (e.g., fuel pump, PCM tune, ...) to make it work well? Seem to hear good things about the Procharger P-1SC-1. Thoughts? Thanks much.

I don't but a buddy in our club does - ATI procharger. They do seem to have the best reviews. If you just go with the base-level boost it comes with everything you need. If you up the boost almost everything has to be upgraded. The guy I am talking about is now over 600 HP running 12# of boost - very little is stock now except the bottom end. In fact, his heads have never been off the car. He is running high 10's at 128-130 and drives it back and forth to the track listening to tunes and chilling in the air conditioning - it is impressive.
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
      I don't but a buddy in our club does - ATI procharger. They do seem to have the best reviews. If you just go with the base-level boost it comes with everything you need. If you up the boost almost everything has to be upgraded. The guy I am talking about is now over 600 HP running 12# of boost - very little is stock now except the bottom end. In fact, his heads have never been off the car. He is running high 10's at 128-130 and drives it back and forth to the track listening to tunes and chilling in the air conditioning - it is impressive.

Is this an LT1 or an LS1? If the heads have never been off the car and the bottom end is stock that is an impressive engine I just wonder how long it can last.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

LS1 - we are still taking bets on how long it will last. He beats up on it pretty good. We are not sure which will give out first - the motor or the rear end.....stock 10 bolt. (It is an auto which helps a lot).
        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
        X