cold start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold start

On an 1989 formula 350, does anyone know what controls the injectors upon a cold start. The car doesn't have a cold start injector. It has a new fuel pump, new fuel pressure regulator, new coolant temp sensor, the injectors don't leak, and it starts right of with a shot of starting fluid.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

I dont know much about this. But posibly ignition coil?
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

On my '86 when i go from a cold start, even though i do have a cold start injector, i can always here the fuel pump humming to prime the injectors, this is what controls the cold start on my car but i know that they changed some things after that year (mainly the elimination of the cold start injector)
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
        On an 1989 formula 350, does anyone know what controls the injectors upon a cold start. The car doesn't have a cold start injector. It has a new fuel pump, new fuel pressure regulator, new coolant temp sensor, the injectors don't leak, and it starts right of with a shot of starting fluid.
        The ECM richens the A/F ratio for cold start, and increases the idle RPM, based on coolant temperature.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

changing tire size

On a OBD2 controled system car much larger tire height can you go without triping the engine light?
          2 firebirds are better the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            The ECM richens the A/F ratio for cold start, and increases the idle RPM, based on coolant temperature.
            The ECM is new as well, could it be the PROM?

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2firebirds
              On a OBD2 controled system car much larger tire height can you go without triping the engine light?
              Your other idea of starting a new thread with your problem is a better way to handle this. Not really a good idea to "hijack" someone elses thread that isn't related to your question in any other way.

I responded to your other thread, asking for at least some info on the year of your car. Here you mention tire height, in the other you just mentioned larger.... which one is it?

And don't repsond here.... stick to your own thread.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

So after replacing everything I knew to replace, still nothing. But fortunately for me my car is impatient and decided to fix itself instead of for me to find the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X