Whining sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining sound

I have a really bad whining sound in my 95 formula firebird. It started when an oil leak in the front of the engine Ruined my plug wires (I've heard this is a common prolem) Replaced the plugs wires, and fixed the leak. But whine is still there. I can't pinpoint exactly where it is but I think its somewhere in between the engine and tranny but I'm not sure. The whine usually can't be heard until over 2500 RPM but can also be heard if I push it very hard. The only driving differences are a chugging sound (not grinding but more like I'm pushing pulling air somewhere) and I think I'm down a little power over the 25000 mark. even the shifter and clutch work fine with no slipping.

I've owned the car since 82.000 miles and now at 146.000 and I admit I've had more fun it than I probably should have being that this is my sole means of transportation. I guess thats it anyone got any ideas?

ps: its a 6-speed manua just to be clear.

[QUOTE=MrProblem] The whine usually can't be heard until over 2500 RPM but can also be heard if I push it very hard. QUOTE]

is ur gf in the car?

maybe its ur throw out bearing or a dry bearing in the front of the tranny? my 83 use to do that only above 2500
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

nah she won't ride with me in my firebird don't know why but she hates it. But any way thanks for the help 88Bird5spd

Comment

Working...
      X