Headlight Motor Casing Came Apart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Motor Casing Came Apart

My drivers side headlight motor that I thought I fixed with bfrankers metal gear just came apart. (Was attached for about 8 months with no problems, and I glued it well, and all around the outside edge of it.) The glue didn't hold, but its still attached. The light wasn't going up, but I adjusted the manual knob, and now it works. (wierd) I am NOT taking the thing off the car again, and re-gluing it. It was a pain in the ass! Is there a clamp I can buy to hold it together, or would duct tape work, and withstand the heat of the engine bay area? If I leave it as is will I take a chance of loosing the metal gear on the road, or is it still attached somehow?
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Anyone would like to buy something tomorrow to hold it together in case it falls off.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Working...
    X