X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optispark replacement tips

If I had to replace the opticrap..
    Do I have to replace:
    Front cover opti seal,front cover water pump seal?
    The front cover gasket too?
    The opti rings ??

Do I forget something?

Thanks
    Dochidalgo
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

The water pump that was dripping coolant on it?

I've been adding 3/16" hose to the weep hole of the pump, and routing it over to the steering rack, that way it will drip in a noticable spot when it fails.
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Nope, no drip yet!!! But your advice is wise, I'll do it as you said..

Thanks Pete
      Dochidalgo
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

While you've got everything apart, it's better to do everything right so you don't have to repeat the whole process if something else goes bad.

This list may be a lot at once but if you do all this, you know that it will be done right!

Get a new, complete Optispark distributor from GM, Water Pump Drive Shaft Oil Seal, Distributor Oil Seal, New Timing Cover Gasket, Oil Pan Gasket, Crankshaft Oil Seal, New Water Pump, New Thermostat, New Vaccum Lines for Optispark Vents.

I hope I didn't leave anything out . . . . .

After replacing everything, your car will grito like El pollo enojado!!
        Darrin C
        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
          Get a new, complete Optispark distributor from GM, Water Pump Drive Shaft Oil Seal, Distributor Oil Seal, New Timing Cover Gasket, Oil Pan Gasket, Crankshaft Oil Seal, New Water Pump, New Thermostat, New Vaccum Lines for Optispark Vents.

I hope I didn't leave anything out . . . . .
          Engine block, cylinder heads, transmission...

Comment

Working...
          X