Rear brakes?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brakes?!?

I noticed when I did my rear gears, when all done and running the gears in the air, that when I wanted to stop the wheels I applied the brakes and nothing, so I very firmly applied the brakes still nothing. So I throw it into N and they stopped. When I did my front brake upgrade I took my rear calipers off and sanded and painted them, lubed all the slides etc. I thought I solved the problem but I tested again and still barely any pressure in the rear.

I also noticed that after the BEAR track front upgrade that I really didn't notice any better pedal feel( still hard and high not very much modulation) but faster decel times and G's.
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Is the "BRAKE" light on?

How did you bleed the ABS unit and all four calipers after you installed the Baers?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

im not sure if the 4th gen has it, but if the rear is unloaded there could be a prop valve in the back wit a linkage attach(like on the taurus) i kno on the taurus, when bleeding the brakes we have to push up on the linkage otherwise it wont any threw, even running.
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

There's nothing like that in a 4th Gen F-Body.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No my brake light is not on, only when activating Line lock. I went through the proper bleeding direction.ABS- RF,LF brakes-RR, LR, RF,LF ABS-RF,LF

Note:"Problem" was there before the line lock install
          I LOVE COBRA'S -
          THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

teh fronts should be the last one to do, or that was always drilled into me head
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I think what your describing happened to me. Try pumping the brakes and pulling the E-brake at the same time. Like 4 or 5 times and it should stiffen up some.

Comment

When talking about ABS RF/LF I am talking about the unit not the calipers, and with the firmness I have a hard pedal with little modulation, just hard all the way down with little brake effort.
                I LOVE COBRA'S -
                THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Originally posted by HottestZ28
                  When talking about ABS RF/LF I am talking about the unit not the calipers, and with the firmness I have a hard pedal with little modulation, just hard all the way down with little brake effort.
                  Did you cycle the ABS unit then re-bleed?

Comment

No I haven't
                    other question Can you just buy rear SS brake hoses
                    I LOVE COBRA'S -
                    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

No I haven't
                      other question Can you just buy rear SS brake hoses
                      Yes. Earls, Baer, Brembo, Goodridge, Russel, etc. all make braided SS kits for our cars.

The Earl's tend to be the cheapest while I feel as if the Goodridge is the best quality:

Earl's at Thunder Racing

Goodridge at Lingenfelter

Also, here is a Goodridge kit application guide:
                      http://www.goodridge.net/appguides/US_CAR.pdf

12217 93-97 Camaro Rear Disc w/o traction control
                      12256 94-97 Camaro Rear Disc w/traction control

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Yes. Earls, Baer, Brembo, Goodridge, Russel, etc. all make braided SS kits for our cars.

The Earl's tend to be the cheapest while I feel as if the Goodridge is the best quality:

Earl's at Thunder Racing

Goodridge at Lingenfelter

Also, here is a Goodridge kit application guide:
                        http://www.goodridge.net/appguides/US_CAR.pdf

12217 93-97 Camaro Rear Disc w/o traction control
                        12256 94-97 Camaro Rear Disc w/traction control

Yeah I know they sell as a kit but I just need rear SS kit. The front SS lines came with the upgrade
                        I LOVE COBRA'S -
                        THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Yeah I know they sell as a kit but I just need rear SS kit. The front SS lines came with the upgrade
                          Give Goodridge or Earl's a call. I don't see why they wouldnt sell you just a rear kit. Never hurts to ask.

Comment

Let me check what I have at home.... I installed the Baer rear rotors, and they came with a pair of braided SS hoses, that I never installed. If I can find them (new, in original plastic wrappers) I'd let you have them for 1/2 of whatever a full set would cost you, plus shipping.
                            Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                              Let me check what I have at home.... I installed the Baer rear rotors, and they came with a pair of braided SS hoses, that I never installed. If I can find them (new, in original plastic wrappers) I'd let you have them for 1/2 of whatever a full set would cost you, plus shipping.

I am def interested
                              I LOVE COBRA'S -
                              THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X