Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Heads

Guys,

I'm looking to replace my stock heads. Does anyone know what CC size my combustion chambers are on my LT1?

Thanks,

Scott

54.4cc is stock on an LT4, not sure if its the same for the LT1, but I think it is.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Why replace them? Ported stock heads will outflow any unmodified aftermarket head.

I'd recommend sending the stock ones out to a reputable machinist and have them done up nice.

If you are really looking to max it out, get a set of LT4 heads and a LT4 intake manifold and have those ported to match eachother.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The combustion chambers are listed as 54.0cc for the LT1 aluminum head and 54.4cc for the LT4. The increase in compression from 10.4:1 to 10.8:1 from the LT1 to the LT4 is largely due to the more shallow valve reliefs in the LT4 pistons.

I had my CC's measured when I first pulled the stock aluminum heads off my 1997 Trans Am WS6 and they measured 53.5cc.

Comment

im looking at doing the same thing over the winter but i am confident with the LT4 heads and cam package but what i was woundering is if anyone knows of a place rather then summit racing where i could order it from for maybe a little cheaper......

Comment

An often repeated argument.... why buy LT4 heads, intake and HOT cam, when you could buy the low end (LE1) heads and cam package from a porter like Lloyd Elliot for less $$$$ and have more performance? And there are other head shops.... I just use him as an example.

Depends on exactly what you want for the future. If you see yourself eventually building a 550HP+ NA stroker, the LT4 heads will offer a bit more potential than the LT1 heads, but if you're not going in that direction, your stock LT1 heads can be ported to produce much more power than the "stock" LT4 heads.

For the LT4 conversion package, check Pace Parts, Scoggins-Dickey, or the online GM parts sources like Dal Slabaugh at VanDeVere Olds.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Injuneer... i was just curious what the specs were on the cam package you were talking about ((LE1) heads and cam package). Is there a site i can check it out on? Thanks.
              1980 Camaro w/ ZZ4, most of the info is correct... www.pitt.edu/~hhh1

Comment

http://www.eportworks.com/Products.htm
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                X