need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

i am looking at a 94 transam and they say that it just days sometimes but after a while it will start back up dose anyone think it is the ingectors or dose anyone know what this could be

That's really not enough information to diagnose. It could be so many things.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by dropit
      i am looking at a 94 transam and they say that it just days sometimes but after a while it will start back up dose anyone think it is the ingectors or dose anyone know what this could be

no offense or anything but when i read that, it made no sense? something bout not starting up? idk anyways u need to give us more information so we can put u on the right path
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
        no offense or anything but when i read that, it made no sense? something bout not starting up? idk anyways u need to give us more information so we can put u on the right path
        Subsitute "dies" for "days" in his post and it makes a lot more sense. Still not nearly enough information to do anything but guess at the problem.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

This might make it clearer:

I am looking at a 94 Trans Am, and they say that it just dies sometimes, but after a while it will start back up. Does anyone think it is the injectors or does anyone know what this could be?

I'd be hard pressed to make a diagnosis of "injectors" from the information given.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

sry i do knwo that there is only 50k miles on it if has new coil packs spark plugs and wires if there is anyhting that would help let me know what u guys need to know

Comment

sry i do knwo that there is only 50k miles on it if has new coil packs spark plugs and wires if there is anyhting that would help let me know what u guys need to know
              If you mean "It has new coil packs, spark plugs and wires"..... the new plugs and wires make sense and may rule out certain ignition problems, but there are no "coil packs" on a 94 LT1, unless it has a Delteq or LTCC conversion ignition.

If the engine just up and "dies" when its running (at idle, or when driving?), it could be the Optispark distributor. Has that been replaced? Would it be possible to have the PCM scanned for codes? That might tell you why it "dies".
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i know the igneson system has all be replased and yes it just ups and dies i donno of any way to hook one up

Comment

Working...
                X