Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for motorheads ..

I have a few general motor questions for you motor experts

I am building a 305 motor that will be bored .040 over. I have the 416 heads that I will need to have worked on.

What size of RR would fit and how does one know the "stud size"? Same thing regarding the push rods..... what size/kind?

I am starting to look at the pieces I will need to buy and I am a bit new to doing this so your help is appreciated.
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Most small blocks come with 3/8 studs. Only the higher output small blocks and big blocks have the 7/16 studs.
    I've got 3/8 billet aluminum full roller rockers on my Firebird Formula LT1 for a few years now. They are suppossed to have less friction at higher RPMs andwear than the stamped steel units that came with it.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Just out of curiosity... Why are you rebuilding a 305? 350 cores are so cheap....
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I am building a 305 or SCCA ASedan. It calls for a 305 motor with certian adjustments allowed.

Thank you Steve for you answer...
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
        X