replacing front clip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing front clip

i have noticed that my car may have been recked at one time. there is a ripple in the front clip from the bumper to the middle of the fender and the upper radiator suport is all tweeked. i also noticed that the front end is pocket welded to the fraim. i havent taken the fenders off to see how far i have to dig to get the clip off. so if there is any advice on the easest way to replace it it would be help-full.

If it is a 4th gen, there is no real "clip" like on older cars. It's unibody construction. Skin over an endoskeleton. Other than some minor mounting adjustment of the front fenders and doors, there is not much you can do without it being put on a frame machine.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

If its a third gen its the same as the 4th gen, cant replace the clip with out extensive cutting and welding. Get it checked at a frame shop, I had my third gen checked and tweaked for $300.00 Canadain. All you can change on the third gen without cutting/welding is the fenders, bumper and bumper cover. 2nd gens are the last car that you can just unbolt the front clip and replace.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror