aftermarket wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket wheels

I've been looking at a few wheel/tire sites and have been surprised to find how few wheel styles are available for the F-body...besides the OEM look-alikes (vette rims and such)...what about wheels that have a bit of a dish to them?...everything looks like it belongs on a FWD...except for Boyds (if you dont mind the big bucks) I've checked tire rack, tires.com and bigwheels.net...aside from the AR Hopster and the KMC "Hot Wheels sixty-eight", I havent seen much else that says "musclecar" to me...who here has different aftermarket wheels?

foose, american racing

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Here's a set that I thought looked awesome. Couldn't tell you who's they are though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Joe those look like WORK or VOLK racing rims.

Only $4500/set
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

The 4th Gen wheels look like front wheel drive wheels because they have the large (~2") offsets typical of frotn wheel drive applications. Once the gemoetry is locked in with the huge offset, there's not a lot you can do to make a wheel with a wide lip.

It has been done by a company called iForged, and a few people on CamaroZ28.com have had them made in custom offsets. To get the wide lip, you have to push the wheel well out toward the outside of the fender.

Some examples:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/324787

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/314999

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hlight=iForged

I don't know if these last two will "link".... if not copy and paste.

Some people also try and "fit" BMW wheels, OEM or after market, because they have offsets that will work with the 4th Gen F-Body, and wide lip wheels. But the BMW bolt circle is 120mm, rather than the 120.65mm of the F-Body, so its sort of dangerous to do. A lot of people will say they've used them with "no problem", but I've also seen posts that show loosening of the lugs and groken studs. Not a recommended practice.

This is an ADR M-Sport wheel for a BMW:

There's also a company called Fikse' that will make their modular wheels up in custom sizes, and they have larger "dish" on some of them. But now you are talking about a wheel that will run you $600-$1,000 each. I think HRE will do the same. The HRE's are very popular with the Corvette crowd, and the late-model 'vettes suffer from the same "large offset" problems as the 4th Gen F-Body.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The ROH drift-r rims are supposed to have a 2" lip and the DeZenyo vapor had a pretty large lip as well
            Black '96 Z28, loudmouth exhaust, Mac mid length headers, crane cams powermax 104227 cam, crane 1.6rr,'s, springs, lifters and pushrods. MSD distributor, slp ultra z hood with air box, bbk 52mm throttle body, march underdrive pulleys, hpp+, 1le sway bars, spohn LCA's and relo brackets, Spohn SFC's, adj panhard bar, bilstein shocks, H&R springs, strut tower brace...Audio-Alpine head unit, MB Quart 6.5" component in the front and 6.5" Boston in the rear w Alpine 75x4 amp, Alpine Type-X 12 in the trunk w/ alpine 1000w amp

Comment

those polished iForged wheels look boss!...and the black looks pretty slick as well...thanx for the pix

Comment

Pull those fenders and slam on a set of Fikses' like John Moss did on the original ZL-1....I took these pics at Bowling Green at the F-bod renunion this past September.

95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Sort of odd..... I'm as "old school" as anyone (and as old ), and I grew up in a time when steel wheels for 50's lead sleds were "reversed and chromed" to give them the deepest possible dish. But I've really got used to the shallow 4th Gen wheels. Somehow the real deep dish wheels like the ones on the ZL-1 don't look as good as they used to. I do like the rounded lip on the iForged wheels though.

I also liked the way OZ made the Monte Carlo wheels look deeper than they actually were:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I know I had some trouble getting ones for the third gen too, but I found that the s10 ones fit the third gens, but have the same back spacing front to back. This wasnt a problem for me but with a 4th gen it would put the wheels to far out on th back. There must be more wheels out there. I found just shopping for the bolt pattern and back spacing was better that searching by car model.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                    Custom Dual exhaust
                    1LE upgrade
                    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror