Got my short stick in!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my short stick in!!

Bought a TNA short stick from TNA Motorsports on Ebay.

Just installed it and it feels much better. Not as short as Lou's stick, but shorter than cutting the end off of my Pro 5.0 stick. It's a straight stick, but has a spacer to move it to the left but not as far as the original 5.0. Here's a pic comparing it to the stock shifter. I took some other pics comparing it with the 5.0. I'll post those when I can.
    Attached Files
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

I wonder why more people just don't cut their pro 5.0 down. Put 20 in the gas tank or somethin'.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I'm for a data cable for my camera phone. Side by side though I don't think you can cut the 5.0 stick as low as the TNA. Lou's short stick is even lower.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Nice work.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
          I'm for a data cable for my camera phone. Side by side though I don't think you can cut the 5.0 stick as low as the TNA. Lou's short stick is even lower.

I could have gone shorter, and still can if I want to. I measured it up though before I did it so it was perfect for what I wanted.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

OK...I see. I thought I was limited by the threads. What is it that you used to attach the knob? I thought you'd have to re-thread the stick. Hmmm...I may give that a try and go back and forth to see what I like better.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
              OK...I see. I thought I was limited by the threads. What is it that you used to attach the knob? I thought you'd have to re-thread the stick. Hmmm...I may give that a try and go back and forth to see what I like better.
              Plastic helicoils. They come in all different sizes for diff. shifters. Just hammer it onto the pro 5.0. It will be very tight. Then screw your knob on. It will not twist or turn. You could seal it with something if you're afraid of that. Mine is so tight I hammered it onto the shifter, so it didn't go anywhere. Took a total of 15 minutes to do that.

Comment

Working...
              X