Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for a strong automotive carpet cleaner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a strong automotive carpet cleaner?

I have a Dr. Pepper spill I am trying to get out. I've tried Simple Green, Zep Carpet Cleaner, and Bear Degreaseer to no avail. It's gotten lighter after about 5-6 times of soaking, scrubbing, and then extraction. But, I would like to really get it completely out. What do the detail pro's use?

I use oxy clean on stains. It really does work like they show in the infomercials. I didnt believe it until I tried it.

Mix up some oxy clean in some scalding hot water and pour it on the stain. Massage it gently with your fingers (carefull not to burn yourself) and extract it out with a wetvac.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      I use oxy clean on stains. It really does work like they show in the infomercials. I didnt believe it until I tried it.

Mix up some oxy clean in some scalding hot water and pour it on the stain. Massage it gently with your fingers (carefull not to burn yourself) and extract it out with a wetvac.
      I just so happen to have some Oxy Clean in the laundry room. I'll give it a try right now and let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Man, Oxy Clean really does work. Thanks for the advice Tracy. I might have to go over it one more time, but I think it is going to come all the way out with the Oxy Clean.

Comment

The real secret with Oxy is not to scrub, but blot the water out or remove with a wet vac.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            The real secret with Oxy is not to scrub, but blot the water out or remove with a wet vac.
            Correct. I gently massage it in with my fingers, do not scrub. Scrubbing is not necessary, and can be damaging to many fabrics.

Ok, ladies.. now that we are on the subject of laundry tips.....

I'm glad it worked for you!!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

This needs to be on the next infomercial.
              Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Somebody call Billy Mayes!!!
                Darrin C
                '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Working...
                X